We are excited to have you join us for our second Battles at Boone event! Please fill out the online form below and fax your certificate of liability insurance to 610-582-1744. If you have any questions, please contact Amanda Machik at 610-582-4900 or email@example.com.
Information for Sutlers (This IS a Juried Event)
The event will take place at the Daniel Boone Homestead in Birdsboro, PA, on August 14-16, 2015. Sutlers interested in attending the event should complete the form on the reverse side. Space for juried and invited sutlers will be laid out based on camp description and measurements submitted to the sutler coordinator, so please be accurate when reporting this information. All participants at the Encampment must provide evidence of liability insurance. We must have a copy of your policy declarations page, or a similar document showing you and/or your sutler name. This document will be kept on file at the event. Be prepared to have your insurance provider and/or agent contacted to verify the insurance.
Sutlers are an important part of this event along with the soldiers and camp followers. You will have access to the same amenities that all other participants have. Likewise it is important to maintain the same authenticity standards and safety practices that all participants must adhere to for this event. Additionally, sutlers are responsible for following all state and applicable laws when transacting their event business and are responsible for filing the appropriate taxation documents as required in the State of Pennsylvania.
Set-up Time: 10:00am Friday, August 14, 2015.
No set-ups will be allowed any earlier. No set-ups after 7:00am Saturday, August 15, 2015. All vehicles must be out of the camp and sutler areas by 7:00am Saturday, August 15, 2015.
Cost: $25. This fee helps offset the costs associated with the event including, but not limited to, firewood, water, and port-a-johns.
1. Non-Rev War merchandise: If the item is NOT appropriate to 1775 to 1783 in Colonial Pennsylvania Revolutionary War – LEAVE IT AT HOME.
2. Non-period caps including baseball caps, T-shirts, plastic knives/toys/guns. Non-period flags (no nylon flags or banners), modern containers, coffee mugs, etc.
3. Animal parts: NO raccoon or fox tail key chains, please check with the State of Pennsylvania for the legality of selling any bones, skins, or hides.
4. Candy or Tobacco: Selling these items is at your own risk and responsibility.
5. All taxable items and collection of the sales tax is the responsibility of the merchant/sutler, and their responsibility to contact the State of Pennsylvania for the appropriate forms and filing requirements.
6. Any one not obeying the State of Pennsylvania, the rules of the Park, Historic Site, and the guidelines of the Event Organizers will be requested to close down and leave after the public hours of the event.
Sutlers will have use of firewood, water, and port-a-johns. Fires are allowed no closer than 25 feet from all tentage. Full water bucket must be at all open fires. NO PETS in the sutler area; please make arrangements to leave them at home.
Departure Time: No earlier than 4:00pm Sunday, August 16, 2015. NO vehicles in camp before this time.
If you prefer to mail in your registration, click here and fill out the form, sign the second page, and mail in your check or money order.
If you prefer to fill out the online registration, please print the second page of this attachment, sign, and mail it in with your check or money order.
Sutler Registration & Information Signature Page